Saturday, June 27, 2009

Japanese Iris, Iris ensata " Light at Dawn"


Mid Season / Late Japanese Iris.



Iris ensata
" Light at Dawn "




Another stunning Japanese iris from the garden of Walter Marx.




This is a 6 petal creation which stands out in a proud bunch. It grows well in the Otara Birc
h Gardens making it's own statement when flowering in my garden display.This iris produces shorter stems of large beautiful flowers in mid to late season.

The 6 petal white flowers have a neat narrow border of blue. The outer areas stippled in blue / violet. Nice clean white styles with a touch of wood violet at the tips of the petals.


The flowers look very beautiful in a garden display with its striking presentation which
smiles and radiates in the soft evening light.

I enjoy picking this variety to put in a solid va
se to admire on my lounge table.

This plant grows really well for me with lots of beautiful clean foliage with stems held proudly above the upright arching foliage. It produces an abundance of flowering stems on a well formed stunning clump in late December.


It grows to a height of 79 cms (32 ins) and flowers mid to late season in New Zealand, while flowering in the late season else where in the world.





Another beautiful variety created by Walter Marx. This
selected seedling 56-153, being registered and introduced in 1957.





Available in New Zealand and around the world.

3 comments:

blog said...

thank you

melekler korusun final fragmanı

melekler korusun final

fatmagülün suçu ne 1. bölüm

şenyuva

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures of your Japanese Iris!! You take some really great pictures.

I grow a few Japanese Iris, this is my second year and they all bloomed this year. I just love them.

Found your site while searching on Google for iris gardens, glad I found your site.

I started a blog several weeks ago on all the thing I like, including gardening, watching bluebirds, woodworking,etc.

I love all your garden pictures.

Take a look at the few pictures of my Japanese Iris.

Michael
South Carolina, United States

My Japanese Iris Pictures

Dua said...

Thaank you for sharing this